Scaleauto are soon to release the replacement for their SC-5040 tyre truing lathe. The new unit features:
- pre-assembled 3mm axle and 3/32″ (2.38 mm)
- potentiometer with for electronic engine speed control
- medium drum 120 grit (80 and 180 grit available as spare parts)
- double screw to adjust the minimum diameter limit of wheels sanding
- ruled guide to assess the rough diameter
- control wheel for fine adjustment and a precise cut
…pros and cons
Like the outgoing version, the new SC-5072 has one very crucial advantage over tools offered by the competition; a built-in control over the speed of the drum. This allows the operator to slow the machine as much as necessary to true either rubber or foam tyres – two at a time – without the need to purchase and external speed control.
Unfortunately, the unit appears to be suitable for 1:32-sized tyres – and, as it’s a completely new design, none of the parts or spares will be backwards-compatible with the outgoing unit.
Further information available directly from email@example.com